Sunday, February 14, 2010

Strawberry Kiwi Jam - Yummy

DSCN0741


In honor of my newfound canning jar collection I made Strawberry Kiwi Jam last night. The strawberries are ones I froze last summer for just such occasions and the Kiwis were purchased as they don't freeze well and I don't have a good source for Alaska grown ones yet (guess I just might have to grow my own). Unfortunately, I still haven't mastered the art of keeping my fruit from floating but it turned out much better in this batch than in previous ones.

I got the recipie from The Complete Idiot's Guide to Jams, Jellies and Preserves which I checked out from the library. I'm really liking this book. It has great recipies that have been tested and idiot proofed (I need that when cooking).

2 comments:

  1. This sounds so good and I would absolutely love to try it. DH though, would skin me alive if I "adulterated" his strawberry jam! (His one and only).

    I have problems with floating fruit too, and read something about that last summer. But darn if I can't remember where. If I find the info, I'll pass it on to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Leigh. If you find the info, I'd appreciate it. If you want the recipe, let me know and I'll e-mail it to you.

    ReplyDelete